Eleni Dimopoulou has graduated from the University of Athens / Political Sciences and holds an Msc on Tourism Management. She worked from 1992 until 2009 in the Ministry of Development / GSRT and from 03.16.2009 until today she has been working at Ministry of Tourism / GNTO. She was Head of the Marketing Department of the Greek National Tourist Organisation (GNTO) from September 2010 to October 2012. She has experience in various positions and research projects, such as
- Representation on committees or working groups to GSRT to 2007 Member of the Secretariat of the Monitoring Committee of the Operational Programme Research and Technology (E.P.E.T I) AKPS1992-1994.
- Responsible actions e-learning and e-business of the Operational Programme Information Society (GK.P.S) from 2002-2004. During this period were notices of the above actions, evaluated and funded 40 projects with a budget of approximately 37 million. Euros. These actions within the K.T.P considered by the Secretary General of the Society of the most successful in the program due to the high absorbency and efficient administrative process.
- Member of the working group for its participation in ESO Program CSF Romania. (No. Pr. 507 372 / 02.06.10).
- Rapporteur for rural tourism in Greece and presentation of the paper in Romania TULSA / 16-6-2010.
- Member of a working group for the drafting of notices under the OP. the PS.S and DM (Decision No. EOT. pr.502349 / 18-10-2010).
- Assistant Project Officer at Transnational Programme CHARTS – (Culture and Heritage Added value to Regional policies for tourism Sustainability) INTERREG IVC